April 15, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

It's gross and rainy here today, and I'd really like to stay inside and read a new issue of Domino.. but that's not going to happen, I thought I'd go through some of my old Domino faves..


Pink is my favorite color, but I try not to use it too much in decorating because I'm afraid of making a space feel too girly. But they really nail it in this room! It's just the right shade and with all of the white, it keeps it feeling sophisticated.
I'd kill to have that many windows! I love the simple black and white color scheme - keeps a lot of the focus on the amazing windows.
Animal hide rugs.. love it love it. (I JUST found out that my brother's co-worker grew up on a beef cattle ranch.. and now I want to know if I can get a deal on a cow hide rug!)Lime and turquoise accents - so hot right now!

I love the casual cafe seats here.

And for this dining space, I love the cushioned chairs. Who says you have to have standard "dining room" chairs?! The table here was a coffee table that's been heightened with longer legs - I love that it breaks the rules of standard table height.


Photo Credits - all Domino!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still in mourning for Domino. I've only flipped through the last issue - trying to make it last a little longer. That third pic is one of my favorites. That fireplace and those windows!

    ReplyDelete