April 20, 2009

J.Crew Home

The news channels have finally stopped talking about the Obama's wearing J.Crew.... so I figured it was my turn to chime in!

I've been a loyal J.Crew shopper since middle school, but rather than look at their clothes today, I'm looking at Jenna Lyon's apartment. She's the head designer/creative director at J.Crew and she creates beautiful apartments in addition to beautiful outfits!Pictured with her artist husband Vincent, the couple live in Park Slope, Brooklyn with their 2 year old son Beckett.Isn't their living room gorgeous? I love the grey,white, and black color scheme with yellow pops. It's elevated, but still livable.

The chandeliers and the fireplaces are beautiful. I've counted at least 4 fireplaces in the pictures - how amazing.
Jenna was insistent that the hardware in the bathroom look natural, so she obsessively sprayed it with salt water to give it a worn-in look. And yes, she definitely mastered the vintage feel!
I would be too afraid of ever doing walls this dark in my own home, but they seem to really work in her master bedroom and bath; it's unexpected.A dressing room! As much as I love the design in the other rooms, it might be this room that I am the most envious of! All of those shoes!Beckett's room is sophisticated, but cheerful. I like that it doesn't scream baby boy, but the striped ceiling makes it feel playful. I love alphabet letters as wall art; they're just so fun.

What do you think!? Should J.Crew start selling home goods??

Photo Credits: Domino

1 comment:

  1. I fell completely in love with this house when I first saw it in Domino. Seriously, I could move right in and not change a thing and I'd be happy as a clam.

    ReplyDelete