April 9, 2009

Brad, will you be my gay husband? but please don't be my decorator!

Recently on The Real Housewives of New York City, Jill revealed her newly renovated apartment.... I love Jill and her gay husband & decorator Brad Boles (I recently got to meet them at a book signing for Bethenny's book "Naturally Thin" and they are even more awesome in person!) but I'm not such a fan of the renovation.

Bethenny (my favorite housewife) puts it best "If I were in Jill's apartment for a weekend, by myself, I would feel like I had taken a hit of acid." I've always loved Bethenny for the hilarious things she says but now I love her more for the way she held it together on her tour of Jill's apartment; she clearly didn't love it, but she managed not to say anything negative either.

I however can't keep my comments to myself!
You can just barely see the entry in this pic but it's definitely overwhelming with shimmery wallpaper, mirrors sticking out from the walls and glass shelving. Click here to see the video clip for a better visual. How funny are the mirrored tables that spell "POP"?

This picture is actually one of the better ones. It's more that when you see the entire apartment its just soo overwhelming! But even still, there is just SOO much pattern! I feel like if you have pattern on the walls, then you need simple furniture. There is just so much going on!
I haven't jumped on board yet with the wall paper trend, and I'm definitely not ready to see it on cabinets.
Too much! It's just too much!

There's so much shimmer and shine in the apartment. The bedding, metallic wall paper, velvet couches, silver lamp shades.. it's A LOT!

This room is a little more my style with white furniture and bedding, but of course check out the elaborate ceiling and chandelier.

I can't WAIT to see Alex and Simon's finished renovation!!!

10 comments:

  1. Bethenny is my favorite housewife too..., well she's not really a housewife though... I still remember her from the Martha Stewart's challenge -don't remember what the show was called anymore, but she came in second place. Well..., that apartment, so over the top. She'll probably redecorate the whole thing in two years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is totally gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. A little over the top for me, but I always admire designers who are not afraid to design outside of the box.
    I agree with you, the white and blue bedroom (with that fantastic view!) is more my style.

    xo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous... but seems a little "we have money, see?" - but there are shimmers (excuse the pun) of decorating genius. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know...has a certain charm though. That bathroom perhaps is a big much. I like lots of pattern but that is over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here are some positive comments - I love the tulips on the dining table, and I quite like how the pillows are arranged on the bed. They used three euros, with two behind, a long bolster, then one in front. I think it is a good and unique arrangement.

    It is so hard with those NYC apartments - they always try to cram so much into them, but less is truly more when it comes to small spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bethany is my favorite, and I agree with everything she thought and how she handled herself in regards to Brad's redo of Jill's apartment. It makes me dizzy.
    I can't wait to see Alex and Simon's redo either!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    xo Isa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa, I'm with you. This is definitely over the top. There are some nice pieces here but taken all together, it's all a bit overwhelming as you say. And am I the only one on the planet who doesn't watch this show?

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. While it is a bit too much it does suit Jill's personality! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Laura--it does seem to suit Jill's personality! Ha. I'm so glad you posted these photos. I was just watching this episode and kept pausing it, trying to get a better look at the rooms. Bethenny's comments were cracking me up.

    ReplyDelete