April 23, 2009

Mini Home Makeover

Three years ago when I moved into my apartment, I bought a Lilly Pulitzer quilt and shams, and a green duvet cover. I loved it for about 6 months, and have hated it ever since. But, if I changed my decor every single time I got bored with it, I'd be completely broke! So I've had to stick with some of my "bad" decisions and have learned to evaluate every clothing and home purchase with the question "will I REALLY still want this in a year?"

As much as I would love to do a whole bedroom makeover, it's just not worth it right now as I may move within the next 4 months...
But, I realized that the part that was annoying me the most was the matching green duvet cover.. so I just took it off, and right now I have just the white duvet, and it looks SOOOO much better! Cleaner, fresher, not so matchy matchy.

So that's it, I removed one thing, at no cost at all, and now the room feels so much better! Is this the room that I would pick if I could completely redecorate.. NO! but I can live with it, and even like it! Sometimes all a room needs is 1 simple tweak to change it from a frustration to a livable space.

(And YES, my bedroom really is that small... that's NYC for you!)

Photo Credits: my camera phone - so please excuse the terrible quality!!

No comments:

Post a Comment