April 5, 2009

Acceptance Speech

So I've found out if I were to ever win an Oscar, the reaction would be something like this "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god," followed by a small scream, and "this is AMAZING! I am SOO EXCITED!!!" as such was my reaction to winning this gorgeous fleurette lamp!
And yes, in my opinion, winning a lamp by being randomly selected is the interior design equivalent of the Academy Awards, ha ha. Now that I have calmed down, I want to thank one of my favorite blogs, Alicia B Designs for hosting the contest and Shades of Light for providing the prize!


Also really exciting is that Shades of Light sent a catalog with a whole bunch of wild, fun lighting options. Here are a few of my finds!
















A little animal print is a great way to spice up a room!

















I actually played "love it or hate it" with these guys for several minutes. Are they totally crazy?! Yes, they are crazy, but LOVE THEM!

Pretty and fancyThought this was a fun, modern take on a chandelier.

And, Shades of Light isn't just about lights! They have great rugs too!

I think the coral one is so cute!

They also have a HUGE assortment of animal hide rugs. Here are a couple! Sorry, in mass, it looks a little creepy (as I've mentioned before in my animal skin blog, I love it, but sometimes get a little weirded out!)







No comments:

Post a Comment