August 27, 2009

Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction

Another one of our fab finds in Philly was this boutique slash art gallery located in Old City on North Third Street. Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction "firmly believes in empowering artists producing high quality work marked by fine craft and intellectual vigor." And with that mission they provide a unique array of men's and women's apparel, jewelry, body products, mixed in a setting of visual artist's, musician's and author's works.
The space is gorgeous with the vintage exterior signage and original brick walls.
The floors are beautiful too!
Kim and I loved this dress and were so tempted by the 40% off sale that was going on while we were there!
But our favorite was this Billy Kirk leather bag - comes with adjustable straps. (Unfortunately accessories were not part of the sale!)

The lovely book selection reminded me that I've been meaning to read In Defense of Food.
And I was introduced to this book, which is now on my reading list.

This is another of the must sees in Philly. The mix of boutique and art gallery makes for such a unique experience - don't miss out!

1 comment:

  1. The pics of the store are amazing, when a store is laid out that way it makes me want to buy everything! We still have to go visit the J.Crew Men's shop in Tribeca which I'm sure will make me swoon.

    ReplyDelete