March 29, 2009

Movie Day

It's a rainy Sunday... perfect for movie watching! I've just finished "The Wedding Date" and am starting "Monster-in-Law." All of this movie watching reminded me of how I've always loved Cameron Diaz's house in "The Holiday."

It's located in San Marino, CA and was the home of Wallace Neff, a famous Californian architect. Nancy Meyers and Jon Hutman are responsible for these gorgeous interiors. This living room would be great for entertaining. It offers tons of seating without feeling over-furnitured. I promise that I would learn to cook if I had this beautiful kitchen and casual dining area.

Not that there is anything particularly wrong with my living room, but I'd much rather be watching movies in this gorgeous tv room.


Just looking at this bedroom and bath makes me feel relaxed! Hope it does the same for you!

Right after I posted this, I was on one of my favorite blogs, Velvet & Linen and Brooke had just put up a post of a Wallace Neff building that her husband had worked on - so hop on over there if you are curious to see another of his buildings!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this house when I saw the movie. I'm not surprised that it was designed by the fantastic Wallace Neff. He was a genius.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is great to get to know another design obsessed blogger!

    xo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, thanks so much for posting these pictures. I'm renovating my place in Memphis and I wanted to draw inspiration from Amanda's house in The Holiday, but couln't find any decent pics. I'm going to subscribe to your blog because I think you have a good eye and I enjoy your writing. Warmly, Chelsea

    ReplyDelete