March 29, 2009

I've always been a Nantucket girl...

but I LOVE this Hamptons house!

I was looking for bedroom ideas to help out one of my friends who is redecorating... and I came across this one in Elle Decor .
I loved that the bed is surrounded by windows; I'm like a cat, I love sleeping in the sunshine! Of course I was also drawn to the mostly white decor and the couch is a vintage! This is the kind of room that makes me wish I were less traditional - I don't know if I'm cool enough to pull this off myself!
With such a great master, I HAD to see what the else of the house looked like. Look at this stunning entry! It's so bright and fresh. I'm obsessed with the white wide plank floors. Grey counter-tops and white cabinets are my fave! The owners broke through to the space above to give this kitchen double height. Oooh all of that sunlight!
I love bathrooms that feel like more than just a bathroom. With windows in the shower and the bench in here, I'd spend HOURS getting ready if I had a room like this.

A clean and simple living room - I like it!It also has a parlor. I'm not sophisticated enough to know the difference between a living room and a parlor, but whatevs I like them both!

And it has a pool! I love that the pool is simple and blends in with the landscaping.

Peter Frank is the designer responsible for all of this beauty!

Photo Credits: William Abronowics, Elle Decor

No comments:

Post a Comment