May 12, 2009

Modern as a Traditional Silhouette

So you know how I mentioned yesterday that I stopped by Elizabeth Bauer Design this weekend and that the store is FABULOUS!? Well I really can't get enough of it, so I have to share some pictures!! Pictured here on one of the gorgeous couches in the store, Elizabeth is a native New Yorker, and has spent years working in the interior design industry. Her experience includes working for a design firm on Nantucket, as well as working for Vogue and Oprah's Home Magazine. Almost all of the items in her store one of a kinds, refurbished antiques. I love these chairs! I'm OBSESSED with these books!! I can't stop thinking about I need to have them! I mean an animal print cover, REALLY!? LOVE LOVE LOVE Elizabeth has a desk and inspiration board located at the rear of the store. She describes her personal style as modern in a traditional silhouette. She often tries to incorporate pattern on pattern, color and texture. Elizabeth likes to compliment every day pieces with high end accessories. She stresses the importance of mixing price points, a philosophy that I completely agree with!Elizabeth loves home accessories in glass or lucite.
Filled with her favorite vintage finds at antique shops around the world as well as local flea markets, Elizabeth brings in new items to the store almost everyday.

Isn't it gorgeous!?

No comments:

Post a Comment